The winning artist will have his or her design featured in this year's Festival marketing campaign, and will be awarded a $1,000.00 prize, courtesy of Festival sponsor Comcast.
Entries will be judged by a representative of Comcast, a representative of the Chicago Artists' Coalition, and a representative of I AM Logan Square.
CONTEST DATES: Submissions open Thursday, January 20; entries will be accepted until Friday, February 18; winners will be notified by Tuesday, March 1, 2011.
The contest is open to artists aged 18 years and older.
The 2nd Annual Festival attracted more than 25,000 visitors over three days in 2010. The 3rd Annual Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival, presented by I AM Logan Square, will take place on Friday July 22, 2011, from 4 to 11 PM and Saturday and Sunday, July 23 and July 24, 2011, from noon to 11 PM along Milwaukee Avenue between Kimball and Washtenaw.
|Entries must be sent as attachments to the following e-mail address: |
Contest questions can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries submitted to email@example.com will not be considered.
CONTEST SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
• Submissions must be in either PDF or JPEG formats, and no larger than 5MB
• Submissions must be 11"W x 17"H in size
• Submissions must include the MAAF logo: download here
• Submissions must include a 10" x 2" space for sponsor logos
• Submissions must include the following language:
- Festival dates: July 22, 2001–July 24, 2011
- Tagline: "Chicago's Most Diverse and Vibrant Arts Festival"
- Festival location: "Milwaukee Ave. between Kimball and Washtenaw"
- MAAF website: www.milwaukeeavenueartsfestival.org
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• All submissions are property of I AM Logan Square; winner consents to allow I AM Logan Square to use winning submission to advertise and fundraise for MAAF in any and all marketing and fundraising materials and incarnations; winner must sign contest release form swearing that submitted artwork was created by the winner and that the winner has the authority to submit the artwork to I AM Logan Square in order to receive $1,000.00 prize money. By submitting an entry (or accepting any prize), each Entrant understands and agrees that their submission and name may be posted online to www.milwaukeeavenueartsfestival.org, www.iamlogansquare.com, http://iamlogansquare.blogspot.com, and any other website used in the promotion of the Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival and/or I AM Logan Square, without further compensation or review, and will not be returned. I AM Logan Square reserves the right to crop any entry in whole or in part or request submitters to do so, in order to be viewable online. Entrant further agrees to release I AM Logan Square from any and all claims that any such use by I AM Logan Square, including any commercial advertising presentation, Web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of I AM Logan Square, infringes the Entrant's rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in its Entry.
• Multiple entries may be submitted per person. You must have Internet access to participate in the 3rd Annual Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival Poster Design Contest. Submitting an entry constitutes agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor and/or its designee, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost due to any reason, all of which will be voided.
• Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, including APO/FPO addresses excluding Puerto Rico, aged 18 years or older. Employees of I AM Logan Square, Comcast, Chicago Artists Coalition, parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, website providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to win.
• I AM Logan Square and the 3rd Annual Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival Poster Design Contest will be accepting entries online starting at or about 12:00:01 AM (CST) JANUARY 20, 2011 and ending at 11:59:59 PM (CST) FEBRUARY 18, 2011 (The "Contest Period"). All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (CST) FEBRUARY 18, 2011. Entries sent by mail will not be considered. Proof that you entered your form and submission does not constitute proof or evidence that an entry was actually received within the Contest Period. Participants assume all risk of lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
• One (1) Prize Winner will receive a $1,000.00 Prize. Prize will be awarded to the Prize Winner in the form of a check paid directly to the Winner. Winner must provide I AM Logan Square with Winner's full name no later than MARCH 14, 2011, and the check must be endorsed and the funds transferred no later than APRIL 11, 2011. I AM Logan Square will attempt to contact the Winner three (3) times, using the e-mail supplied by the Winner as part of the Winner's submission. In the event that either one of these deadlines are not satisfied, the Entrant will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will not be awarded. No interest will be paid for the time between the date the Winner is chosen and the date that the check is issued. Winner and/or Winner's parents or legal guardians in the event Winner is a minor under the laws of Winner's state of residence are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the Prize. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. I AM Logan Square is not responsible for any costs associated with accepting or otherwise using the Prize. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to I AM Logan Square and its agents to use winner's name, likeness, and submission for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
• I AM Logan Square reserves the right to make changes to all contest rules.
• Failure to comply with contest rules could result in disqualification.
• Contest will be judged by a representative of Comcast, a representative of the Chicago Artists' Coalition, and a representative of I AM Logan Square. Submissions will be judged based on their compliance with the contest requirements, and their subjective artistic and marketing values, based on the judges opinions. The judges' opinions are final.
Contest questions can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival takes place along 1.2 miles of the Milwaukee Avenue commercial corridor, transforming storefronts into gallery spaces which feature dozens of visual and performance artists to the public. Several stages along the route feature a diverse line-up of critically-acclaimed musical talent, local businesses sell delicious cuisine, family-friendly activities are set up to entertain all ages, and multiple beer gardens cater to the adults in the audience.
|Check out last year's design! Your work could be featured here!|