The winning artist will also have his or her design featured in this year's Festival marketing campaign.
Entries will be judged by a representative of Comcast, a representative of the Chicago Artists' Coalition, and a representative of I AM Logan Square.
CONTEST DATES: Submissions open Thursday, January 20; entries will be accepted until Friday, February 18; winners will be notified by Tuesday, March 1, 2011.
The contest is open to artists aged 18 years and older.
For submissions e-mail address and complete contest rules, click on the 3rd Annual MAAF Poster Contest link in the sidebar.
Contest questions can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Entries submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org will not be considered.
The 2nd Annual Festival attracted more than 25,000 visitors over three days in 2010. The 3rd Annual Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival, presented by I AM Logan Square, will take place on Friday July 22, 2011, from 4 to 11 PM and Saturday and Sunday, July 23 and July 24, 2011, from noon to 11 PM along Milwaukee Avenue between Kimball and Washtenaw.
CONTEST SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
• Submissions must be in either PDF or JPEG formats, and no larger than 5MB
• Submissions must be 11"W x 17"H in size
• Submissions must include the MAAF logo: download here
• Submissions must include a 10" x 2" space for sponsor logos
• Submissions must include the following language:
- Festival dates: July 22, 2001–July 24, 2011
- Tagline: "Chicago's Most Diverse and Vibrant Arts Festival"
- Festival location: "Milwaukee Ave. between Kimball and Washtenaw"
- MAAF website: www.milwaukeeavenueartsfestival.org
The Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival takes place along 1.2 miles of the Milwaukee Avenue commercial corridor, transforming storefronts into gallery spaces which feature dozens of visual and performance artists to the public. Several stages along the route feature a diverse line-up of critically-acclaimed musical talent, local businesses sell delicious cuisine, family-friendly activities are set up to entertain all ages, and multiple beer gardens cater to the adults in the audience.